SplashWorks was originally established in 1987 as Saratoga Plumbing Supply II. Over the next decade the 2500 square foot showroom became one of the south bay’s premiere showrooms for plumbing fixtures earning a reputation for excellent service and an extensive product offering not found at most plumbing showrooms in the area. Eric Nelson, who started with the company at its sister location in 1988, purchased the store from the then current owner in 1998. Eric made significant changes immediately. He increased the showroom floor by 1000 square feet, dropped the lower-end “home-center” brands from the showroom floor, and brought in more high-end faucet and fixture lines for display. The changes paid immediate dividends, doubling the annual sales volume within the next two years.
Since the ownership change in 1998, the showroom has been regarded by contractors, designers, and homeowners as one of the best showrooms for service, product knowledge, and product offerings in the Bay Area. As a compliment to the public’s perception of the showroom and its six person sales staff, Diamond Certified has also recognized the showroom with its certificate of excellence for customer satisfaction and is the only showroom in the south bay to earn such a prestigious award.
In 2006, Eric changed the name to SplashWorks, A Kitchen & Bath Gallery. The 3500 square foot gallery is home to one of the most extensive product offerings in plumbing fixtures from around the globe, offering many exclusive products for the kitchen and bath not available through other showrooms.